Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pilot Post

Hello everyone, or more accurately, no one!

My name is Jamie Mae... and I'm obsessed with cooking (and eating). Cooking is my favorite hobby which keeps me sane and centered. I make nearly all of my own meals and eating out has become a special treat. I sometimes reference a recipe, but rarely follow recipes for my meals. I write down ingredients, but this is my first attempt at writing recipes. I want to be able to cook the same meals twice, which is difficult with intuitive cooking. The way I cook, I don't use measuring cups or spoons; I taste test and instinctively add ingredients as I go.

I am a self-taught home cook. After I left the college dorms, I realized I could no longer afford to eat out for most of my meals and began cooking my own food. I was always cooking for one, which drove me to ditch recipes as they are always designed for multiple eaters. The more I experimented, the more I moved away from pre-made convenience foods. Why buy pasta sauce in a jar when I can make a much better version at home? Six years, hours of Food Network, and hundreds of delicious meals later, I've developed an intuitive and tasty cooking style.

I do not know how to describe my cooking, for I am inspired by many countries. Mostly, I tend to cook Italian, Asian, Mexican, and American inspired fusion-meals. I often find myself day dreaming about food and and what will be my next meal; often, inspirations strike me and I just hope I have a pen around. Today's vision: Black Bean Hummus. We'll see how it turns out this week! It's always a surprise when it's intuitive cooking :) Keep checking back for new meals, pictures, snacks, and more!

*Jamie Mae*

No comments:

Post a Comment